Tennis Tigers is a Brighton based tennis coaching company. We have built a year round tennis programme that is exclusively for Brighton College students at Badgers Tennis Club. We welcome children of all abilities.
This group coaching programme is open to your child on a Monday from 4pm to 5.30pm. The tennis sessions are booked directly between Tennis Tigers & Brighton College Parents. You are welcome to sign up for 1, 2 or 3 terms at a time, and are given priority bookings once you have a place. Lessons are booked in advance of the start of term and are limited to 16 children.
The Trinity Term 2018- 16th April to 25th June – Full Term x8 weeks @ £120.00 * no sessions on – Bank Holiday Monday 7th May & Half term 21st May
The Michelmas Term 2018 – 3rd September to 10th December – Full Term x14 weeks @ £210.00 * no session on 22nd October – half term
The Hilary Term 2019 – 14th January to 11th March – Full Term x8 weeks @ £120.00 * no session on 11th February – half term.
How to book in for Tennis Tigers Sessions
Please call or text 07531 879 404 to have a chat or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
*Please do not make your payment until your booking is confirmed by Tennis Tigers
To register your child, please email their full name, date of birth, school & 2 contact numbers to email@example.com
- Your child will be collected from the Prep school gates at 4pm by our team of coaches. They are then walked for 10 minutes along Eastern Road to Badgers Tennis Club.
- When you sign up, please inform the school that your child is being picked up by Tennis Tigers.
- Please collect your child from Badgers Tennis Club at 5.30pm
- Children must be changed and ready to go at 4pm and waiting by the astroturf gates to be collected.
- Your child must not leave the prep school without a Tennis Tigers Coach.
- If it is raining on the day, the session will go ahead.
- If your child is not attending the class one day please inform Tennis Tigers beforehand.
- Rackets can be borrowed from Tennis Tigers.
- Maximum Coach: Student ratio 1:8
Tennis Tigers Coaches Contact Numbers
- Jeff Taylor 07472362605
- Dan Travis 07826068248
- Joe Bracchi 07429478146
- Adam Kura 07450268244
- Ian Reed 07769971440
- Vanessa Nickerson 07531879404
- All Tennis Tigers coaches have advanced DBS checks
- All Tennis Tigers coaches have public liability insurance
- All Tennis Tigers coaches are up to date with child safety procedures in line with Brighton College
- All Tennis Tigers coaches are First Aid Trained
- All Tennis Tigers Coaches have LTA and/or RPT accredited qualifications.
Tennis Tigers Code of Conduct
- Strive for Excellence
- Respect for peers & coaches
- Sessions are suitable for beginners through to advanced players. We teach according to year group and the groups are then split by ability between our expert coaches.
- We maximise the quantity and quality of balls the player hits per session using the ‘Spanish Drills’ system.
- It is a high intensity programme that will include the Andy Murray workout and an in depth look at fitness, tactics and technique.
Tennis Tigers works with the RPT (European Registry of Tennis Professionals). All our coaches are trained in the successful Spanish Drills system. By using the Spanish system, we are able to accelerate the rate at which children learn to play the game. Spanish drills are the foundation of the success for players such as Andy Murray and Rafael Nadal. Spanish drills push the player as well as being both engaging and fun.
The tennis sessions consist of 80 minutes of intensive training each week. Training will also include the Junior Andy Murray Workout – a new off court conditioning programme specifically designed for this age group. In addition to training, those involved in the programme will be able to enter the Tennis Tigers ladder competition, an ongoing competition where the children compete against each other.
The pupils will be encouraged to play in the school team and the Tennis Tigers Schools competition. Each pupil will also have the option of purchasing an off peak season ticket where they can play in any park court in Brighton and Hove (at specific times).
Tennis Tigers Policy
- unattended sessions are non-refundable