Tennis Tigers is a Brighton based tennis coaching company. We have built a year-round tennis programme that is exclusively open to years 7,8,9,10 & 11 of Cardinal Newman students.
The coaching programme is open to your child during one of their weekly PE lessons during curriculum time.
Small group lessons – maximum coach: student ratio 1:6 – £10 per hour – lessons booked by the half term or full term in advance.
Individual lessons £25.00 per hour
- Sessions are suitable for beginners through to advanced players. We teach according to year group and the groups are then split by ability between our expert coaches.
- We maximise the quantity and quality of balls the player hits per session using the ‘Spanish Drills’ system.
- It is a high-intensity programme that will include the Andy Murray workout and an in-depth look at fitness, tactics, and technique.
Tennis Tigers works with the RPT (European Registry of Tennis Professionals). All our coaches are trained in the successful Spanish Drills system. By using the Spanish system, we are able to accelerate the rate at which children learn to play the game. Spanish drills are the foundation of the success for players such as Andy Murray and Rafael Nadal. Spanish drills push the player as well as being both engaging and fun.
The tennis sessions consist of an hour’s intensive training each week. Training will also include the Junior Andy Murray Workout – a new off-court conditioning programme specifically designed for this age group. In addition to training, those involved in the programme will be able to enter the Tennis Tigers ladder competition, an ongoing competition where the children compete against each other.
The pupils will be encouraged to play in the school team and the Tennis Tigers Schools competition. Each pupil will also have the option of purchasing an off-peak season ticket where they can play in any park court in Brighton and Hove (at specific times). The season ticket will also give pupils off-peak membership of the Dyke Tennis Club.
Maximum Coach: Student ratio 1:6
The Autumn Term 2018 – Monday 10th September to Friday 14th December – 12 weeks @ £120.00
Fees pre-paid directly to Tennis Tigers
How to book in for / make an enquiry about Tennis Tigers Sessions
Please call 07531879404 or email email@example.com
1. Your child’s full name, date of birth, form number, parents’ / guardians’ contact numbers and an email address.
2. Your child’s PE Lesson times in both Weeks A & B, we will then allocate you the tennis lesson times.
N.B. The lesson times are organised directly between Tennis Tigers and Ms Katie Walters, PE Teacher @ Cardinal Newman.
Tennis Tigers Code of Conduct
- Strive for Excellence
- Respect for peers & coaches
- Children will be collected from and returned to their PE class by their coach. Pick Up point – ‘the cupboard’
- Lesson 1 classes – children meet their coach at Dyke Road Courts at 8.40am
- Rackets can be borrowed from the school equipment cupboard
- Children must be changed and ready to go at the beginning of the tennis lesson. Please ask permission from their teacher for them to be in their PE kit during lesson time.
- Sessions take place @ Dyke Road Courts
- If it is raining on the day, the session will go ahead in the gym where the children will do the Andy Murray workout. The children meet the coach in the usual place by ‘the cupboard’.
- All Tennis Tigers coaches have DBS checks
- Tennis Tigers has public liability insurance
- Tennis Tigers staff are up to date with child safety procedures
Tennis Tigers Policy
- unattended sessions are non-refundable
- sessions Tennis Tigers cancel due to bad weather conditions are refunded or carried over